2015 has been a year of firsts for Queensland Touring Showcase - the first year the event was hosted outside of Brisbane, at the Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre, and the first time arTour was able to extend the reach of Showcase with our connector event, Roadcase, hosted in Winton, Toowoomba and Cairns.
We expanded Showcase to be a two-day event, hosted seven professional development activities, extended networking opportunities, trialed a new pitching format and enhanced the evening performance of entertainment. Following Showcase, Roadcase provided another opportunity to highlight touring productions, host three more professional development sessions and introduce like-minded presenters to develop strong networks across local geographic regions.
Showcase attendance was up 30% from 2014 and with Roadcase we were able to double the reach of our presenter delegation. We're so proud of how these events were received and we are grateful to our network for their generous, frank and constructive feedback, which we will continue to assess to make sure these events are relevant, useful and valuable for both producers and presenters.
Attendance across the four events
44% presenters / 46% producers / 10% Industry
Quality and Outcomes
- More than 90% of you rated the events as good or excellent
- More than 65% of you met at least 3-5 people and 25% met 10 or more
- More than 75% of you rated the pitches as good or excellent
- Your most valuable development session: Let's talk touring platforms
- You'd like more sessions on audience development, practical marketing strategies and tips for producers when pitching to presenters
- You loved the evening performances
What can we improve
- You want some more structured networking sessions
- You found the split sessions confusing and want the opportunity to see all pitches in the program
- You want to hear more from presenters
- You want more support from arTour to prepare for Showcase