In 2016 Queensland Touring Showcase was hosted at the sunny Gold Coast alongside Bleach* Festival and the NARPACA Managers conference. Showcase was followed by three Roadcase events in Toowoomba, Rockhampton and Hughenden.
In response to feedback from previous events Showcase was structured to meet the specific programming needs of Managed Venues and Roadcase was designed for community presenters, regional councils, arts councils and regional festivals.
Attendance across the four events
45% presenters / 36% producers / 19% Industry
Quality and Outcomes
- More that 98% of you rated the events as good or excellent
- More than 95% of you rated the pitches as good or excellent and producers felt well and truly prepared for their pitch or performance excerpt
- At Showcase 27% met at least 3-5 people, 35% met 5-9 people and majority met 10 or more people (38%)
- At Roadcase 33% met 3-5 people and 44% met 5-9 people
- Your most valuable break out session: Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Arts and Cultural program
- You loved skyping with producers at Roadcase and found it extremely valuable to connect with other presenters in your region
What can we improve
- You missed speed dating and want it back
- You thought the venues and accommodation were too spread out
- At Roadcase you want to see more local presenters from each region in the room
- You loved the presenter insights and want to hear more