What happens next
Once submissions close an independent panel comprising of producers and presenters will review all of the submissions and shortlist work to be considered at Showcase Online and Roadcase. Approximately 20 productions will be invited to participate for each event. If you're selected you will be able to join the videoconference and chat about your work with the presenters.You will be notified by mid-December if your production is successful.
Productions will be prioritised according to the following criteria:
- Rigour / Quality - The work is well conceived and put together and the production/producer is among the best in Australia
- Distinctiveness - The production is interesting and different to other shows.
- Appeal - The production will have strong audience appeal
- Value - The production is reasonably priced and represents a sound programming investment
Please note, if you submit your work and are selected to be part of Showcase Online program there is an expectation you will make yourself available for the videoconference on 30 January 2018. There will be no registration fees for producers and presenters participating in Showcase Online.
You should also consider how you intend to manage the development of a tour if sufficient interest is received through Showcase Online and/or Roadcase. You might like to manage your own tour, discuss engaging arTour's services or seek assistance from another organisation or touring coordinator.
Submissions open Monday 16 October 2017
Showcase Online Info Session (online!) Friday 20 October 207
Submissions close Monday 13 November 2017 5PM (AEST)
Showcase Online Tuesday 30 January 2018
Showcase Online and Roadcase submissions are welcome from producers and artists from around the country.
We are interested in all sorts of new work from;
- Ready to tour productions
- Productions yet to premiere
- Touring with engagement focus, residencies, community participation
- Metro, regional and interstate companies
- Big shows, small shows and everything in between
Ideally, we're looking for new productions ready to tour in 2019 that are suitable for;
- managed venues and performing arts centres,
- regional community halls,
- and/or, regional arts and community festivals
If your production is nimble, flexible and affordable it may be suitable for community presenters using town halls and smaller community spaces. In that case, it may be included in our Roadcase meetings.
How to submit your production
- Register on the arTour website or login using your existing details.
- Follow the prompts to Create a Profile and complete each of the tabs on the left-hand menu including Company/Producer Details, Production Details, Images, Reviews, Tours and Showcase Online & Roadcase. If something isn't relevant to you - leave it blank. Hit save at the bottom of each page.
- Use the Preview button on the top right to see how your production will display live on the arTour website. Make sure you've completed and uploaded all the relevant resources including your Budget and Presenter Pack.
- Click Submit to arTour and your show will be reviewed by the arTour team. We will be in contact with any suggested changes, otherwise you'll receive an email notification indicating your show is live. If you are updating an existing production simply hit Save at the bottom of each tab.
- Following submissions closing on 13 November, arTour will email all producers confirming that submissions have been successfully received.
Updating an existing show
Check through all of the fields and make sure the information is fresh and current, we've made some tweaks to the budget and some of the technical and cost fields - be sure to update each of these. Finally, complete the Showcase section. Keep in mind, presenters are always keen to see new work which hasn't been pitched at Queensland Touring Showcase in the past.
Producer Info Session
On Friday 20 October the arTour team hosted an info session about Showcase Online, what to expect, how it will work and timelines; with tips on submitting your production via the arTour website. We recorded the conversation for those who missed the session or would like to view it again
arTour is here to help
We understand navigating these things can be tricky and we are very keen to help! So if you are not sure or have any questions, contact arTour.
You can also view these tips on uploading your show.