What happens next
Once submissions close an independent panel comprising of producers and presenters will review all of the submissions and shortlist work to be considered at Queensland Touring Showcase and Roadcase. Approximately 30 productions will be invited to participate for each event. You will be notified by mid-August if your production is successful.
Productions will be prioritised according to the following criteria:
- Rigour / Quality - The work is well conceived and put together and the production/producer is among the best in Australia
- Distinctiveness - The production is interesting and different to other shows.
- Appeal - The production will have strong audience appeal
- Value - The production is reasonably priced and represents a sound programming investment
You should also consider how you intend to manage the development of a tour if sufficient interest is received through Queensland Touring Showcase and/or Roadcase. You might like to manage your own tour, discuss engaging arTour's services or seek assistance from another organisation or tour coordinator.
If you submit your work and are selected to be part of Queensland Touring Showcase program there is an expectation you will make yourself available to pitch during your scheduled time as advised by arTour. All producers attending the Queensland Touring Showcase will be required to register for the event. Showcase registrations open on 12 June 2018.
Submissions open Tuesday 12 June 2018
Showcase Info Session (online) Monday 18 June 2018
Submissions close Tuesday 10 July 2018 5PM (AEST)
Producers advised if selected for the Showcase program mid August
Showcase registrations close Tuesday 2 October 2018 5PM (AEST)
Queensland Touring Showcase Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 October 2018
Showcase Online and Roadcase submissions are welcome from producers and artists from around the country and internationally.
We are interested in all sorts of new work from;
- Ready to tour productions
- Productions yet to premiere
- Concepts for sector development
- Touring with engagement focus, residencies, community participation
- Metro, regional and interstate companies
- Big shows, small shows and everything in between
Ideally, we're looking for new productions ready to tour in 2020 that are suitable for;
- managed venues and performing arts centres
- regional community halls
- regional arts and community festivals
If your production is nimble, flexible and affordable it may be suitable for community presenters using town halls and smaller community spaces. In that case, it may be included in our Roadcase meetings.
How to submit your production
- Register on the arTour website or login using your existing details.
- Follow the prompts to Create a Profile and complete each of the tabs on the left-hand menu including Company/Producer Details, Production Details, Images, Reviews, Tours and Showcase & Roadcase. If something isn't relevant to you - leave it blank. Hit save at the bottom of each page.
- Use the Preview button on the top right to see how your production will display live on the arTour website. Make sure you've completed and uploaded all the relevant resources including your Budget and Presenter Pack.
- Click Submit to arTour and your show will be reviewed by the arTour team. We will be in contact with any suggested changes, otherwise you'll receive an email notification indicating your show is live. If you are updating an existing production simply hit Save at the bottom of each tab and be sure to complete the Showcase & Roadcase section. Please note during Showcase Submissions we expect to receive a large volume of productions to review on our site and it may take a little longer than usual to process your production.
- Following submissions closing on Tuesday 10 July 2018, arTour will email all producers confirming that submissions have been successfully received.
Updating an existing show
Check through all of the fields and make sure the information is fresh and current, we've made some tweaks to the artforms and target audience fields - be sure to update each of these. Finally, complete the Showcase & Roadcase section. Keep in mind, presenters are always keen to see new work which hasn't been pitched at Queensland Touring Showcase in the past.
Please note If you are experiencing technical difficulties double check your browser is the most current version available. Also trialing a different browser usually fixes most glitches. Firefox and Chrome are recommended.
Producer Info Session
On Monday 18 June the arTour team hosted an info session about Queensland Touring Showcase and Roadcase, what to expect, how it will work and timelines; with tips on submitting your production via the arTour website.