Come on an enchanting adventure that will inspire and delight you, and turn your world upside-down.
FoRT is an enchanting and wondrous circus & physical theatre production, which delves into the art of play and the creation of worlds from everyday objects. Full of ridiculous clowning, spectacular acrobatics, poetic visual imagery, FoRT celebrates the wild imaginations of kids that turn lounge rooms into volcanoes, trees into castles and cardboard boxes into racing cars.
Two characters arrive in a strange world and begin a marvelous adventure. During their travels, a couch, table, cushions, sheets and broomsticks transform into rockets, trampolines, cliffs and tents… They discover new and fascinating and fabulous new places to explore and discover and inspire joy, wonder and delight in their audiences.
Asking for Trouble are a visionary company making original performances for young audiences from their home base in regional Victoria. Their others works include Bubblewrap and Boxes, Kapow! and The Bottle Collector.
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Hall, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
The show is very flexible. It is a one day bump-in and perform, The touring party is Luke & Christy & one crew. There is a beautiful lighting and sound design but it can and has played in venues large and small, including schools touring in gymnasiums and multi purpose rooms as long as there is 4m height. As with our previous works we will develop tech specs to respond to different sized venues.
Critical Stages is one of Australia’s leading producers of touring theatre. We make outstanding theatre accessible to audiences everywhere. We have toured productions by some of Australia’s leading theatre makers to regional and remote audiences across Australia and New Zealand. The work of Critical Stages has won multiple Green Room Awards and has been nominated for a Helpmann Award for Best Regional Touring production. The company has been awarded National Touring Status from Playing Australia from 2018.
Critical Stages is currently touring work by artists from across Australia including Salvador Dinosaur (Otto and Astrid, The Orchid and the Crow), The Good Room (I Want to Know What Love Is, I’ve Been Meaning to Ask You), Belloo Creative (Motherland, Hanako), Red Stitch (Jurassica, American Song), Sheridan Harbridge (Nosferatutu), Asking for Trouble (Fort, Bottle Collector), Little Red Productions (Lady Beatle) and much more. For more on our full touring menu head to: http://criticalstages.com.au/available-to-tour/
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
- Perfectly suited for Families, Children (in particular 3-10 year olds) who like to build Cubbies, Forts etc. Fans of Dora the Explorer or Squishy Taylor and any Circus and contemporary clown audiences.
- Parents interested in encouraging imaginative non screen/ technology based play.
- FoRT is visual/physical theatre and is ideal for non English speaking communities.
- We are also interested in opportunities to pair tours of this show with Asking for Trouble’s latest show, The Bottle Collector, as well as residencies for the company permitting either repeat or longer stays in your town or community.
- High quality Production Stills
- Outstanding original promotional trailers, including time-lapse and stop-motion trailers.
- Behind the scenes videos.
- Education Packs
- Full marketing kit and social media guides
- Template posters and flyers
- and more! Just talk to us about your needs for your community!
Workshops Both Luke and Christy are exceptional workshop facilitators with over 12 years experience each. They can tailor workshops to suit a large range of participants including: Primary aged students Secondary aged students PD’s for teachers, artists and social workers who work with youth Master classes for professional performers. Workshop content can focus on Circus Skills Development, Physical Movement for non-dancers, Devising, Physical Theatre, Improvisation and Clowning. Additional resources and activities There is an education kit available for teachers. Post-show Q&As can be arranged on request.