A toe-tapping and feather-flapping extravaganza!
‘Whisper! Speak easy! The police are coming!’
Darrrrlings…. Haven’t you heard? It’s the Roaring 20’s again and you’re invited to sign our dance cards and join us for a fabulous night of jazz, Charleston and prohibition-style giggle water with the hotsy-totsy cast of SPEAKEASY!
"Tell it to Sweeney! Is this really the hottest party in town?!” Don't be a dewdropper or a dumb dora, enjoy a jorum of skee (without getting too zozzled) and witness four of the best Oliver Twist’s in town while brushing up on your 1920’s slang!
SPEAKEASY is a journey through the jazz age when liquor was banned, jazz music was rife and dancing was all that mattered. Featuring live vocals, beautiful harmonies and fabulous flappers set to an authentic soundtrack from artists like Glenn Miller, Fred Astaire, Duke Ellington + many, many more, this lively nod to the past will set your soul alight.
Make whoopee with us but shhhhhh.... chill out and speak easy.... and only bring your most fabulous friends to this glorious extravaganza, lickety split!
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Hall, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
Suitable for both Evening programming and Morning Melodies. The evening show is slightly more cheeky, but the Morning Mels version does not lose any of the good bits! We require a suitable floor for dancing (including tap dance) quick change area and access to the audience from the stage.
Candy Shop Show are Brisbane-based producers of high-quality cabaret works designed for regional touring. With explosive shows bursting at the seams with an equal mix of musical theatre, stunning dance and beautiful harmonies, Candy Shop Show are a superior choice in Queensland for both event entertainment and touring theatrical cabaret works.
We currently have THREE tour-ready productions:
SUGAR, SUGAR! features the fabulously sassy sugary delights from the Retro eras - Miss Peppermint Twist, Miss Starburst, Miss Everlasting Gobstopper and Miss Skittle! This is the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s like you have never seen them, with a few cheeky surprises thrown in for good measure!
UP, UP & AWAY! Travel with Up, Up & Away! in this riotous dance cabaret on a once-in-a-lifetime journey around the world. The sassy stewardesses are your LIVE In-Flight Entertainment System which features more than enough razzle-dazzle from the Swing and Retro eras to keep you occupied during your fabulous journey.
SPEAKEASY is a journey through the jazz age when liquor was banned, jazz music was rife and dancing was all that mattered. Featuring live vocals, beautiful harmonies and fabulous flappers set to an authentic soundtrack, this lively nod to the past will set your soul alight!
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
Let's be honest, 2020 got off to a terrible start but we're here to make sure that only the best parts of history are repeated! We'll start afresh with a musical array of goodies from the twenties and thirties, from Australia to America, Europe and across the globe. We'll bring you the feather-iest flappers, cheekiest charlestoners and one great big sparkly party! It will be impossible not to feel good and we promise not one mention of the C word (Covid!) Suitable for Morning Mels or Evening Cabaret (without losing any of the good bits!)
A fully-comprehensive marketing pack which includes:
- HERO images
- Editable poster image
- DL flyer templates
- Social media images and ideas for content
- Program files
- Fully licensed professional promotional video
- Professional production shots
- Full show synopsis
Through workshops, Q&A's and pre/post show Meet & Greet's we aim to connect with our audiences and 'give more' than just a performance.
We aim to engage with audiences and the community by:
- Providing the community with access to professional performers through workshops and activities (dance schools, community groups, senior citizens homes etc) and therefore creating a lasting legacy
- Working with each venue to maximise community engagement by taking their advice on where to run workshops/activities and promotional performances (if tour schedule permits)
- Making our touring cast available for radio advertisements and any other potential promotional activities
- Encouraging the younger generation of performers to follow a career in the Performing Arts through workshops and activities
- Encouraging tourism to each community by providing a high-quality product worthy of attending
- Actively engaging with the community pre & post performance through dialogue, meet & greets & Q&A's
- Providing professional opportunities for local Queensland artists and building relationships with venues/presenters to further future touring opportunities
- Building a sense of community in and around each venue and fostering a deep appreciation for the Arts and the sense of value it brings to communities
- Creating a culture where audiences 'trust' the programming of the venue