You only get a few chances at life, and this is Tommy and Aimee's very last shot.
Tommy’s not a bad man, he’s getting by. Renting a run-down room in his Uncle Maurice’s house, just about keeping his ex-wife and kids at arms length and rolling from one get-rich-quick scheme to another with his pal Doc. Then one day he comes to the aid of Aimee, who’s not had it easy herself, struggling through life the only way she knows how. Their past won’t let go easily. But together there’s a glimmer of hope they could make something more of their lives. Something extraordinary. Perhaps.
Conor McPherson’s multi-award-winning new play is a highly original and entertaining romantic-black comedy-crime-drama. It deftly mines the humanity to be found in the most unlikely of situations, is full of warmth and hope and humour, and is brought to life in an outstanding production by O'Punsky's Theatre & Red Line Productions.
O’Punsky’s Theatre are based in Sydney, and are renowned for their outstanding interpretations of contemporary Irish drama. They have a rich history of award-winning works, including The Seafarer and the Gigli Concert.
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
Suitable for audiences 15 and over. Occasional coarse language and adult themes.
Critical Stages is one of Australia’s leading producers of touring theatre. We make outstanding theatre accessible to audiences everywhere. We have toured productions by some of Australia’s leading theatre makers to regional and remote audiences across Australia and New Zealand. The work of Critical Stages has won multiple Green Room Awards and has been nominated for a Helpmann Award for Best Regional Touring production. The company has been awarded National Touring Status from Playing Australia from 2018.
Critical Stages is currently touring work by artists from across Australia including Salvador Dinosaur (Otto and Astrid, The Orchid and the Crow), The Good Room (I Want to Know What Love Is, I’ve Been Meaning to Ask You), Belloo Creative (Motherland, Hanako), Red Stitch (Jurassica, American Song), Sheridan Harbridge (Nosferatutu), Asking for Trouble (Fort, Bottle Collector), Little Red Productions (Lady Beatle) and much more. For more on our full touring menu head to: http://criticalstages.com.au/available-to-tour/
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
- This New York Drama Critics Circle Award-winning play is an Irish story with a universal message, that has had critically acclaimed seasons in London, Dublin, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Entertaining, moving and insightful drama, with endearing and instantly recognisable characters told with plenty of black comedy and an unlikely romance.
- Critically acclaimed and popular production in Sydney with outstanding reviews both for the play and for this production.
- High quality Production Stills
- Promotional trailers.
- Behind the scenes videos and interview with the artists..
- Education Pack for upper secondary English / Theatre / Drama students.
- Full marketing kit and social media guides
- Template posters and flyers
- and more! Just talk to us about your needs for your community!
The cast are very keen to offer acting workshops alongside the tour, with decades of experience in teaching acting across the cast including from lead performer and highly experienced acting lecturer John O’Hare. Q & As are available post-show. An Education Pack will be made available for upper secondary students.