THREE is a rare treat — a triple bill featuring three astonishing premieres from Hofesh Shechter, Melanie Lane and Jack Lister.
Australasian Dance Collective brings you THREE highly anticipated Australian works from renowned choreographers Jack Lister, Melanie Lane and Hofesh Shechter.
Brisbane’s own rising star of the choreographic world, Jack Lister, fuses dance and visual art to create a stunning mainstage performance, Still Life. Inspired by the artworks of the 16th and 17th century Memento Mori movement, it serves as a touchstone of our own mortality, the beauty in decay and our relationship with time.
Melanie Lane is one of Australia’s strongest female choreographic voices, her works seamlessly blending elegance with edgy, physicality. Stealing from ancient and current mythologies of the supernatural body, Alterum manifests newfound heroes in a parallel existence that is both urgent and obscure.
Lane will be joined by long-term musical collaborator, Clark, in this sexy and cool must-see production.
Presented in association with Hofesh Shechter Company, ADC unveils the Australian premiere of Cult — the work that propelled Shechter into his globally renowned career. Instinctive and raw, it is a powerful illustration of his unique and acclaimed choreography.
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
Australasian Dance Collective is one of the nation’s leading contemporary dance companies. Established in 1984 as Expressions Dance Company, the company has created over 175 works by 70 international and national choreographers.
With an extraordinary ensemble of six dancers, the company has achieved significant recognition through national awards, including three Helpmann Awards and three Australian Dance Awards.
We are defined by our commitment to excellence in both performance and sector development, contributing to the evolution and future of contemporary dance. Annually we create multiple new works, collaborate nationally and internationally and present performance seasons at major Australian venues including our presenting partner venue QPAC.
Entering a bold new era under the leadership of renowned Artistic Director, Amy Hollingsworth, the Queensland-based company has a focus on collaboration, empowerment and artistic risk-taking to create exhilarating dance works that push boundaries and speak to the soul.
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
THREE exemplifies ADC’s commitment to connecting with diverse audiences. This production not only provides a platform for multiple exciting choreographic voices but creates an engaging and varied program of three digestible sized works. Audiences leave the theatre feeling stimulated and satisfied having experienced a program that offers something for everyone.
THREE celebrates Australian choreographers while creating access to outstanding international makers
• It provides opportunity to bring the best of contemporary dance to regional audiences • It brings national and international repertoire to Australian audiences performed by our highly regarded dancers • Educational resources and activities support audience development for contemporary dance
ADC will provide a comprehensive marketing and publicity package that includes; copy, a selection of hero images, rehearsal and production photography and videography. The video elements include promotional stage trailers, supported by behind the scenes interviews with the choreographers.
ADC also provide print templates for programs, posters and flyers. Assistance with the set up of these documents can be provided.
Complete QLD dance curriculum-based Education Notes are available. The Education Notes can assist in targeting schools.
The ADC Marketing team will be available to support presenters achieve the best possible results, assisting with the roll-out of all THREE promotional content.
- THREE Education Insight matinee, providing live set change overs and interviews with behind the scenes crew
- Cohesive Education Notes for teachers and schools, which provides tasks and in depth information about the creation of THREE
- Masterclass with Choreographer Jack Lister (or other ensemble members), a way for students to learn THREE repertoire as well as how to create your own choreography
- Contemporary Dance Intensive training workshops, to further education in dance
- Schools By-Request workshop, which can be repertoire or technique focussed
- Professional Development Day for Dance Teachers, offering curriculum focussed tasks and ideas for class content