Join Twinkle in one small step for mouse-kind…and one giant leap of the imagination!
Twinkle and the Moon is an interactive, theatrical play-based music and literacy experience for children aged 2 - 6 years.
The show was originally commissioned by the First 5 Forever Program and Gold Coast City Libraries in April 2021 to encourage a love of reading and confidence in imaginative play.
Snuggled into their blanket cubby house, Nadia and Twinkle always share a book together before nap time. Today they’re reading a book about a rocket ship! But...when the book is finished and it’s time for bed…Twinkle wants to play a game instead!
Twinkle is convinced the moon is made of cheese and he wants to take a bite. With a little help from the ’magic nap sack', Twinkle and Nadia use the power of imagination to blast off on an adventure full of sing-a-long songs, make believe and fantastical storytelling.
Join Twinkle in one small step for mouse-kind…and one giant leap of the imagination.
Suitable for 2 – 6 year olds.
"Nadia, Houdini like, got a child who does not speak, to become a part of the storytelling. His teachers and I couldn’t believe what we were seeing. She’s the benchmark that everyone else needs to aspire to.” Teacher Librarian, Seven Hills State School.
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Hall, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
- 2 (1 performer / 1 crew)
For unmanaged venues, the touring party will travel with all necessary technical production and crew. It is possible to present in many and varied community spaces including community halls, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, libraries, festivals and theatres.
Red Chair is a Queensland-based performing arts and event management company recognised nationally as a major producing and touring body for culturally diverse works. Red Chair was the winner of the 2014 Premier's Cultural Diversity Award - Small Business.
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
• Gentle, participatory and playful – this show is intentionally crafted to be comforting, inclusive and a nurturing introduction to the experience of theatre for very young children. • Suitable for children with sensory sensitivities – this show does not engage ‘hyper’ energy in its playfulness or loud sounds. • Highly adaptable to meet the needs of different audiences, venues and spaces. • Demonstrates imagination at work in the use of everyday objects for play and homemade adventure. • Shares language and literacy developmental messages for adults in a natural and loving way. • Champions adult and child connection through reading and story.
MARKETING MATERIALS • Press kits • Artist availability for interviews • Raw artwork for handbills & posters with images for venue’s own use • High resolution proofs for artwork for press ads.
EDUCATION RESOURCES • An educator’s resource highlighting important connections to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and Australian Curriculum (ACARA). • classroom activities expanding on the experience back in the classroom. • picture book that accompanies the show • songs available as free downloads for educators and families.
THE PICTURE BOOK - TWINKLE JUST WON’T GO TO BED! • Nadia’s children’s picture book to accompany the show with a focus on young readers and expanding language/literacy skills.
• PRE-ENGAGEMENT WORKSHOP – Rocket making craft activity in the venue foyer, library, classroom or festival workshop space.
• PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – Nadia is an in-demand facilitator for early childhood educators and librarians in the art of confidently and dynamically engaging under 8’s in music, drama and literacy experiences.
• POST-ENGAGEMENT – Children are invited to take a book from the bookshelves on set to read with their families after the show. Every item on the set is able to be played with and explored safely by little hands.