Are you ready for take-off?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, we welcome you aboard magical airline Up, Up & Away! where only the extremely good looking are eligible to fly! We trust you'll enjoy the hospitality provided by our cheeky service team, as well as the fabulous in-flight entertainment system."
Travel with Up, Up & Away! in this riotous dance cabaret on a once-in-a-lifetime journey around the world. The sassy stewardesses are your LIVE In-Flight Entertainment System which features more than enough razzle-dazzle from the Swing and Retro eras to keep you occupied during your fabulous journey.
Join the tipsy mile-high shenanigans through spectacular dance numbers and captivating harmonies as the crew from First Class, Business Class and Economy demonstrate what NEVER goes on at 39,000 feet. In fact, the hosties are far more interested in their own comfort than that of their passengers and you are invited to join their escapades as they leap through the skies on an unmissable musical journey.
"Cabin crew, please prepare the cabin for chaos… I mean, landing…!”
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Hall, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
Tech requirements: 4 x wireless handheld mics with stands Min 4m x 4m dance space with floor suitable for tap dancing Quick change area (each cast member has approximately 10 costume changes each) Projector and screen
Candy Shop Show are Brisbane-based producers of high-quality cabaret works designed for regional touring. With explosive shows bursting at the seams with an equal mix of musical theatre, stunning dance and beautiful harmonies, Candy Shop Show are a superior choice in Queensland for both event entertainment and touring theatrical cabaret works.
We currently have THREE tour-ready productions:
SUGAR, SUGAR! features the fabulously sassy sugary delights from the Retro eras - Miss Peppermint Twist, Miss Starburst, Miss Everlasting Gobstopper and Miss Skittle! This is the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s like you have never seen them, with a few cheeky surprises thrown in for good measure!
UP, UP & AWAY! Travel with Up, Up & Away! in this riotous dance cabaret on a once-in-a-lifetime journey around the world. The sassy stewardesses are your LIVE In-Flight Entertainment System which features more than enough razzle-dazzle from the Swing and Retro eras to keep you occupied during your fabulous journey.
SPEAKEASY is a journey through the jazz age when liquor was banned, jazz music was rife and dancing was all that mattered. Featuring live vocals, beautiful harmonies and fabulous flappers set to an authentic soundtrack, this lively nod to the past will set your soul alight!
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
Previously this show has worked particularly well in the Morning Melodies program given the age-appropriateness of the repertoire from the Swing and Retro eras, however also works beautifully as a featured evening cabaret. The show follows a crew of sassy stewardesses as they sing and dance their way around the world entertaining passengers with a live in-fight entertainment system. The girls are funny, sassy, can dance, sing and act and bring their unique style of entertainment to every performance. We aim to make audiences laugh, tap their feet, sing along and marvel at our tongue-in-cheek humour and incredible energy.
We have a full Marketing Pack available which includes promotional videos, images, social-media content, programs and flyers. The show already has a significant touring history with a proven track record of sales. Example marketing pack can be accessed here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4dzcoddc9rfpix/AADFnjd0RaEy1l2aoicYi59ba?dl=0
Through workshops, Q&A's and pre-post show Meet & Greet's we aim to connect with our audiences and 'give more' than just a performance.
We aim to engage with audiences and the community by:
- Providing the community with access to professional performers through workshops and activities (dance schools, community groups, senior citizens homes etc) and therefore creating a lasting legacy
- Working with each venue to maximise community engagement by taking their advice on where to run workshops/activities
- Encouraging the younger generation of performers to follow a career in the Performing Arts through workshops and activities
- Encouraging tourism to each community by providing a high-quality product worthy of attending
- Actively engaging with the community pre & post performance through dialogue, meet & greets & Q&A's
- Providing professional opportunities for local Queensland artists and building relationships with venues/presenters to further future touring opportunities
- Building a sense of community in and around each venue and fostering a deep appreciation for the Arts and the sense of value it brings to communities
- Creating a culture where audiences 'trust' the programming of the venue therefore encouraging them to see more theatre, more often in their community