"Stole the show ... the surprise hit of the Queensland Cabaret Festival ... if you haven't experienced Warmwaters you're missing out!" - XS Entertainment.
If you love folk music, you'll love this show. If you hate folk music, you'll love it even more. Everyone enjoys good roots, and Warmwaters stand ready to folk you right up with their songs of romance and other issues. They've got a lot of issues.
"Number 1 must-see show of the 2016 Queensland Cabaret Festival. Every festival has a standout show ... a surprise hit or just something so quirky and comedic that no one can stop talking about it. At the 2015 Queensland Cabaret Festival, Warmwaters took that honour." - Concrete Playground
Hilarious and musical, Warmwaters is a comic cabaret show featuring the duo's distinctly arousing and original "accidentally-on-purpose cheeky" (Brisbane Times) songs, blended with classics you know and love.
"Creating beautiful folk music and hilarious comedy together ... the audience follow every pun, experience, every passive-agressive poke, and laugh consistently." - DownstageDiscernments
"Great night! So funny our table nearly wee'd ourselves." - Amanda Allwood
A cross between Spinal Tap, The Kransky Sisters, and David Brent, Warmwaters leaves audiences with a smile on their face and all tingly below.
- Venue Format
- Theatre, Hall, Black Box Venue
- Technical Rating
- Touring Party
Show contains some gentle adult humour, best suited to audiences over 13. Show can run with or without and interval. Show can run with bar in the performance space. Warmwaters is available for one off performances.
Creating brilliant new comedies.
Working in Brisbane and Melbourne; touring nationally and internationally, debase has been producing new shows since 1998.
We are committed to telling Australian stories and challenging our audiences to question stereotypes, history and identity. Our body of work includes The Longest Minute (exploring the intersection of gender, race and sport), Chasing the Lollyman (Mark Sheppard’s exploration of urban Indigenous identity), The Clown from Snowy River (the entire history of Australia told by clowns), Spoilt (an examination of contemporary self-obsession) and Fly-In Fly-Out (a young person’s perspective on the mining boom).
In 2019, debase was awarded the Gold Matilda at the Queensland Theatre Awards for outstanding contribution to theatre in Queensland.
- Company Website
Unique Selling Point
Warmwaters offers audiences a unique blend of music, comedy, cabaret, and theatre.
It's cheeky without being naughty - a very funny night out that'll have the audiences laughing, singing along, and wondering where these guys get their tie-dye done.
Warmwaters is cleverly silly and stupidly clever, blending new material with audience involvement and popular favourites. The show's been carefully built by debase, an established team with runs on the board (and miles on the road).
Warmwaters has already seduced audiences at QPAC, Queensland Cabaret Festival, Artsworx (Toowoomba), Redland Performing Arts Centre, and Woodford Folk Festival.
- Posters, flyers, banners, press ads available on request (fees may apply)
- Social media links and social media campaign available
- Youtube clips
- Music available on CD and itunes
- Workshop available, link to school curriculum (building comic characters) or adult (composing music and writing comic songs).
- Two different workshops can run with the Warmwaters. The first is aimed at local performers, writers and composers and looks at some skills to help compose music and to write comic songs. The second workshop is more suited to senior English or Drama students, and focuses on building comic characters.
- Artists are available to meet with and work with local performers, writers and composers. Artists can facilitate or work with communities to share their own songs and stories as an additional event while in town.