Every healthy grant application requires a good dose of support letters. There's a good chance you'll be asked (or have already been asked!) to write one for an upcoming tour you've expressed interest in. Support letters don’t have to be written masterpieces, or a particular length. As long as they state why you, as a Presenter, believe the show should receive financial support.
Your letter of support could include the following:
- Why the presenter has selected to host the performance?
- What is it about the show that has sparked your interest?
- Have you hosted performances by the same artist / producer before and know the new performance will do well in the community?
- How you think the wider community may benefit from the performance (not just your organisation's members).
- Does the show address issues that are relevant to the community?
- Is there a particular demographic that the show reaches (children, seniors etc).
- Are there workshops or community engagement that you are looking forward to?
- Is there a community event that will coincide with the performance?
- Is the timing of the show special?
- Any stories that may support the letter.
- How the community has benefited from similar shows in the past.